My very first story wasn’t much of a read. It was called “Mickey and Minnie” and it was a barely legible, picture-accompanied account of the eponymous mice’s seaside adventures. The plot was contrived, the characters were unoriginal and there were potential copyright issues, but I had nowhere to go but up when it came to my literary career.
As my writing style has grown slightly more sophisticated, I’ve learned to adapt it into several different formats. The professional work I’ve done over the past few years has been marketing-based, my freelance work has mainly been editorial and instruction-based and my side projects have been in fiction and poetry. This site serves as a collection of some of my published articles along with my blog. Excerpts from the articles have been broken down by category and include links to the full text when available.
Social Media Specialist at Field Innovation Team. June 2015-
- Write daily Facebook and Twitter posts and supply relevant media
- Edit images for social media campaigns
- Developed and contribute to FIT’s Instagram campaign.
Marketing Communications Specialist at Protochips, Inc. June 2014-April 2015
- Wrote news articles, product bibliographies and other content for the Protochips website
- Wrote and published Protochips e-newsletter for current and prospective clients
- Edited site content and marketing collateral
- Developed strategy and content for Protochips’ social media networks including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Coordinated company’s attendance and exhibition at national and international trade shows
- Networked with researchers to publicize studies that have used Protochips products on social media
Web Content Specialist at Global Value Commerce, Inc. April 2011 – March 2013
- Provided content and managed Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest accounts for GlobalGolf.com
- Provided content and managed Twitter and Facebook accounts for Divot.com
- Wrote blog posts for Divot.com
- Wrote and edited product-related and educational articles for GlobalGolf.com
- Wrote and edited product descriptions for GlobalGolf.com, GolfShoesOnly.com, Shop.Golf.com, PGASuperstore.com, PGATOURSuperstore.com and TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
Blogger at extraordinarywriter.wordpress.com. March 2013 – Present
Blogger at megan-robb-writer.webs.com. April 2010 – March 2013
Blogger at hennensobserverweekin review.com August 2012 – February 2012
Editor at moogi.com. July 2009-April 2011.
- Wrote scene-by-scene synopses of different television programs
- Researched topics mentioned on each episode
- Researched and provide links to different products featured on each episode
- Embedded clips of music featured on each episode
- Provided character and actor information
Freelance Writer for Demand Studios. April 2007-April 2011, March 2013-September 2014.
- Wrote original articles for eHow.com
- Researched material on requested and self-assigned subjects
Intern at Hot English Publishing in Madrid, Spain. May-August 2005.
- Assisted the editors
- Transcribed audio features
- Researched articles
- Translated Spanish and English
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Graduate Certificate in Technology and Communications received in May 2015.
Syracuse University Syracuse, New York
- Bachelor of Arts in English Textual Studies and in Spanish Language, Literature and Culture received in May 2007.
Honors and Awards
Winner of the 2005 Syracuse University Kalina Prize for the essay “Horror Movies: The Presentation of the Human Body in Holocaust Films”